FAIRE Magazine - Issue 3
- Unit Price
In today’s world of social media, creative work can happily reach a global audience, but many artists find it creatively debilitating. Work is reduced to “content,” and everything becomes ephemeral and forgettable. We never truly see past the perfect frame or scratch the surface of what makes our favourite creatives tick.
FAIRE Magazine wants you to create something joyfully physical, something to be treasured, a magazine you take your time to read and return to in moments of reflection.
Considered and intimate long-form stories that bring us into artists’ homes and creative spaces; stories of slowing down, creating with intention, community and collaboration, and examining the twists and turns of creative lives and how to finally find your voice.
Creativity can take on so many forms. Powerful, physical work made by hand; vessels that carry an artist’s thoughts and dreams. It can also be seen in how we create a home, tend our gardens, or set the table for friends coming over for dinner. Creativity is at work when we are positive catalysts for change within our community, when we find ways to share our knowledge and create learning opportunities to help others soar.
FAIRE is committed to building a creative community on and off its pages while opening up opportunities for collaboration and skill sharing.
The Creatives Featured in Issue 3 of FAIRE:
- Superfolk - Craft design and printmaking
- Fiona Corsini di San Giuliano - Painter
- LÖIC MICHEL - Maraicher
- Jannik Abel - Artist
- Alyssia Belloso - Ceramist
- Elizabeth Cope - Painter
- Sara Emami - Illustrator, designer
- Ruth Miller - Fibres artist
- Lea Rutledge - Textile artist
- Amanda & Matt Caines - sculpture, jewellery-maker, and fibres
- FÉAU BOISERIES - Masters of Craft
- Elainea Emmott - Food and photography
- Ruth Steadman - Storyteller, psychotherapist