SEATING AREA GUIDELINES
Who: Due to our limited space, our seating area is reserved for retail customers (ages 18+ or mature crafters).
What: Think of it as the Starbucks of the yarn world! Come in with your fibre art of choice and feel free to enjoy a drink from our café.
When: Open 7 days a week during operating hours (unless the space has been reserved). Please refer to the bottom of this page for any special dates where this area is temporarily closed.
How to Book: To keep this a complimentary service (which doesn’t require deposits or bookings) our seating area is available on a first-come-first-serve basis with limited space (fits about 12 people comfortably). We encourage you to call in advance to check on availability (however, we do not permit reservations).
Pick Your Vibe:
- Mondays – Thursdays: Chill and relaxing
- Fridays & Saturdays: Busier retail atmosphere
- Sunday (Official Sip & Knit All-Day): Seating area is full and prime time to meet your new fibre bestie.
- We do not permit outside food/drinks (water/light snacks are permitted, but we do not allow full meals/outside coffee in the shop)
- Please note that masks are optional throughout the shop which includes our seating area that can be tight and unable to meet social distancing
- Our seating area has been designed for social experiences only and are not meant for technical drop-in support (neither from TKL reps nor community members)
COMMUNITY GUIDELINES: CO-CREATING A SAFE & INCLUSIVE SPACE
We emphasize that while all people are welcomed here, not all behaviours/conversations are.
Whether shopping or hanging out for a while, we want all of our community members to experience a true sense of belonging in our space.
We create, nurture, and maintain that experience by
- Being unapologetically committed to creating a space that is inclusive, inspiring, and interactive
- Observing our seating area and the conversations/interactions that happen within it
Please note that if a team member sees any community member behaving in a way that is out of line with our values, you may be asked to correct or leave (depending on the severity of the situation).
Additionally, as TKL’s reps are not always in the seating area, if you witness or experience problematic behaviour, please come speak with us as soon as possible.
Examples of inappropriate conversations/behaviours that could disrupt an enjoyable experience for all include but aren’t limited to:
- Controversial topics (including criticizing/pushing COVID19 stances; political views/opinions/positions; religious beliefs/opinions/positions; etc.)
- Using the space for personal/professional gain/purpose especially through business promotion (such as outside product promotion/pushing, service/class/event promotion, etc.)
- Using the space with the intention to receive project/technical support
- Any form of discrimination against a person and/or groups
Thank you for helping us co-create a memorable and meaningful experience!
RESERVED DATES (SEATING AREA CLOSED)
No reserved dates are currently scheduled