Modern Daily Knitting – Field Guide No. 24: Spark
- Unit Price
The star of this Field Guide is Olga Buraya-Kefelian.
Olga is easily one of the most inventive designers working today. She has created five brand-new designs that take us on a fascinating ride—these are all designs that will work beautifully with yarns you currently carry.
Olga understands what knitters love. They want knitting that isn’t too difficult but has cool surprises along the way.
– Paragon Popover: This design will surprise you. It’s nothing but knits, purls, increases, and decreases—yet the effect is graphic, modern, and a big wow. The yarn here is Woolfolk Tov DK.
– Turnstile Wrap: Wear this versatile piece at least five different ways. Uses a DK-weight yarn.
– Penrose Tote: Olga’s fascination with graphic stitch patterns is on full display here. It’s designed in two sizes, with a handle that slips through the other to close it.
– Fortune Teller Cuff: A fascinating quick trip into Olga’s inventive mind, this little bracelet is almost magic in the way it becomes so dimensional.
– Tendril Necklace: How does Olga do it? Such an original construction for this light, summery decoration—so simple and so very cool. Many yarns work well for this design, with different effects possible.
Simple techniques + Olga’s brilliant mind = handknits that will leave your friends asking, “How in the world did you do that?”