Leather and Cord Stitch Holder Kit by Cocoknits
When knitting top-down, seamless sweaters, there comes a point when you need to take your sleeve stitches off onto a holder. Safety-pin type stitch holders don’t work for this. Scrap yarn works, but tends to slip up into the stitches, making the job of getting each stitch back onto a needle laborious.
This leather cord stitch holder kit by Cocoknits has the flexibility of yarn, but is firm enough to keep stitches from disappearing into themselves. The interior-threaded needle means you can knit onto and off of the cord - like a leather circular needle. The needles screw onto, and off of, the leather cord.
- Needles made of nickel plated steel
- Long cord holds stitches of sweater body - 59"/150cm
- Short cords hold stitches of sleeves - 29.5"/75cm
- Two interior-threaded needles
- Three lengths of leather cord (one long, two short)
How to Use:
- Use the Stitch Holder Kit in lieu of scrap yarn whenever you need to hold live stitches. The threaded needles allow you to knit off of your leather cord.
- Keep the contents of your kit in the reusable kraft drawer, lined with 100% wool felt
- Snipping the end of your leather cord at an angle will facilitate attaching the needle
- Leather has a grain, so be sure to "go with the grain" when sliding stitches on and off of the cord
- Leather can get dry and needs moisturizing. Cocoknits suggests treating the cord with a thread conditioner to keep your cords smooth and limber
- Screw the needle on only until it is attached to the cord. If you continue to over-screw, you risk breaking the leather inside of the needle