Modern Daily Knitting – Field Guide No. 18: Beginnings
- Unit Price
Sometimes the simplest projects are the most delightful. MDK has had the best time working with Karida Collins on the idea of patterns that will delight every knitter. This is summertime knitting, easy and modern.
These projects require nothing more than knit, purl, decrease, increase, and yarnover. There’s a simple cable in there, too, and that’s as fancy as it gets. But look at what amazing effects can come from these most basic of stitches.
- Scarf-Cowl Duet: A gorgeous swath of knits and purls. This is box stitch, that classic stitch pattern that creates a chewy, reversible fabric.
- Diagonal Mitts: A quick fold and a seam transform these garter stitch squares into cute little hand warmers. There’s even a thumb hole. A quick knit featuring Neighborhood Fiber Co. Organic Studio Sock.
- Everyday Cowlette: Here’s a short masterclass in some of the most elemental techniques in knitting. It results in a cowl that is textured, distinctive, and fast to make.
- Simple Swoncho: Sweater + Poncho = Swoncho. As a first sweater or your fiftieth, this modern pullover looks beautiful in Neighborhood Fiber Co. Organic Studio Worsted.
- Debut Pullover: Begin at the bottom and knit upward. Sleeves come next, then the swirly knit-purl pattern that lends texture and dimension. Up to the neckline and voila! It’s the sweater you’ll reach for all the time.
- Flash Cap: This zigzaggy design comes and goes in a flash, and it allows for no end of color experiments.