COVID-19 Shop Update: We're Open
BRICK & MORTAR NOW OPEN
In-store shopping re-opened on June 14th, 2021.
Please note, our in-store shopping operations are constantly changing. We encourage you to check this page before each visit for any new updates.
In-Store Shopping Re-Opens: June 14th, 2021
Hours of Operation: Please visit our CONTACT page for updated hours
Capacity: 10 customers/time
- Café and seating area remain closed until further notice
- Yarn winding during your visit is not permitted. You may leave your yarn to be wound and picked up on a later date
- Private lessons and group lessons remain unavailable
- Drop-ins for project help/knitting advice are not permitted, please send us an email for any technical support questions
- Due to continued capacity limitations and COVID restrictions, we ask that you come to the store only with those intending to shop (if possible)
Beginning on June 14th, you may drop-in any time during our hours of operation, (please read our safety precautions below to prepare for your visit).
If you need 1:1 support during your visit, we encourage you to send us an email first so that we can help with preparations, (such as preliminary pattern searches, yarn suggestions, etc.).
Our online shop will remain open as usual, with curbside pick-up and Canada Post shipping available.
Please note: Due to limited store space, we have a 2-week hold time for pick-up orders before customers are required to select a new shipping method. Should you require a longer hold time, please contact us directly.
IN-STORE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS & CLEANING PRACTICES
We are committed to keeping a safe working and shopping environment for our team and community. To prevent and limit the spread of COVID-19, The Knitting Loft continues to strictly follow and implement government guidelines on public health measures.
REDUCE THE SPREAD OF GERMS
- We encourage customers to use our hand sanitizer or put on a fresh pair of gloves before they begin shopping. Outside gloves are not permitted inside the store, unless they have just been put on before entry
- Cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell, have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14-days, or have been advised to isolate or quarantine by local public health
All staff, visitors, and customers are required to wear a mask or face covering upon entering The Knitting Loft under the City of Toronto By-Law 541-2020.
Your mask or face covering should cover your nose, mouth, and chin, without gapping. This means that, with some exceptions, all customers and visitors entering the shop are required to wear a mask or face covering while inside.
The following persons are exempt from wearing a mask or face covering, and will not be required to provide proof of such exemption:
- Children under the age of two due to risk of suffocation
- Individuals with medical conditions. This can include, but is not limited to: Mental health condition, cognitive condition or disability that prevents wearing a covering; medical conditions that make it difficult to breathe; people who are hearing impaired or are communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, and where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Individuals who are unable to put on or remove a mask without assistance
- Employees in areas that are not for public access
- Employees alone in the store without visitors or customers present
- Although we provide disposable face masks for customers, we kindly ask that customers and visitors do their best to bring their own mask or covering during their visit
Customers and team members are asked to maintain an appropriate distance (ideally 2 metres) from each other.
CARD VS. CASH
The Knitting Loft continues to accept credit, debit, and cash, however, we ask that customers use card payment if possible.
The Knitting Loft has implemented the following cleaning procedures to maximize team and customer safety:
Lysol Wiping & Disinfecting After Each Use:
- Card Reader/Cash Register
- Cash Counter
- Exterior and interior door handle
- Customer touch points