COVID-19 Shop Update
We are working towards as smooth of a transition as possible during reopening, and have the following options in place to create an experience of safety and comfort for both our team and community.
- We have now updated our Google page and our website to reflect our temporary operating hours during COVID. We will continue to updating these pages to reflect our current operating details.
- Please be advised, some deliveries may be delayed during COVID19
SHOP BY APPOINTMENT
Monday - Friday shopping is by appointment only during 12pm-4pm. Please call or click our calendar link to schedule your appointment.
Your appointment may be shared with other bookings during your visit. If you would like a private shopping appointment, please give us a call.
Please read our "Safety Precautions" below before booking.
Come in for general shopping over the weekend (Saturday - Sunday between 12pm-4pm)!
Please read our "Safety Precautions" below before your visit.
Our online shop will remain open, with “Pick-Up In Store” or Canada Post Shipping available.
Curb-side pick up will remain available to all shoppers. Orders may be picked up daily between 12pm-4pm.
IN-STORE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS & CLEANING PRACTICES
REDUCE THE SPREAD OF GERMS
All customers are required to use our hand sanitizer or put on a fresh pair of gloves before they begin shopping.
Outside gloves are not permitted inside the store, unless they have been put on upon entry.
Beginning July 7th, 2020, all staff, visitors, and customers are required to wear a mask or face covering upon entering and during their visit at The Knitting Loft under the City of Toronto By-Law 541-2020, (Covid 19: Mandatory Mask or Face Covering Bylaw / By-Law 541-2020).
The mask or face covering should cover your nose, mouth, and chin, without gapping. This means that, with some exceptions, all customers and visitors entering the shop are required to wear a mask or face covering while inside.
The following persons are exempt from wearing a mask or face covering, and will not be required to provide proof of such exemption:
- Children under the age of two due to risk of suffocation
- Individuals with medical conditions. This can include, but is not limited to: Mental health condition, cognitive condition or disability that prevents wearing a covering; medical conditions that make it difficult to breathe; people who are hearing impaired or are communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, and where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Individuals who are unable to put on or remove a mask without assistance
- Employees in areas that are not for public access
- Employees alone in the store without visitors or customers present
- Although we provide disposable face masks for customers, we kindly ask that customers and visitors do their best to bring their own mask or covering during their visit;
- Face shields are not permitted as alternatives to a face mask.
All customers and team members are required to maintain a 2 meter distance from each other while in store.
CARD VS. CASH
The Knitting Loft continues to accept credit, debit, and cash, however, ask that customers use card payment if possible.
The Knitting Loft has a current store capacity of 6 customers at any given time.
Due to COVID19, we have been forced to make many operational adjustments, including a considerable cut to our regular operating hours.
Due to less time and fewer resources, (including staff), we are unable to accommodate winding during appointments and/or general shopping. We are so sorry for the inconvenience, however, are happy to keep your yarn and call you as soon as it's been wound!
The Knitting Loft has implemented the following cleaning procedures to maximize team and customer safety:
Lysol Wiping & Disinfecting After Each Use:
- Card Reader/Cash Register
- Cash Counter
- Exterior and interior door handle
- Customer touch points