Ready to tackle your first sweater? Knit a few sweaters but they haven’t turned out quite right? This is the class for you!
This class will teach you the basics of sweater knitting, from how to take the right measurements, how to do short rows, how to swatch, (and why you should swatch), how to read a sweater pattern, and what finishing techniques to use to give your sweater those polished final touches.
Choose one of 3 patterns to start your sweater adventure!
This is a four session class that will take place on the following dates:
- Session 1: April 23rd from 6pm-9pm
- Session 2: May 14th from 6pm-9pm
- Session 3: June 4th from 6pm-9pm
- Session 4: June 25th from 6pm - 9pm
Skill Level: Intermediate
Pre-Requisites: Must know how to cast on, cast off, knit, purl, knit in the round; and understand basic increases and decreases.
Required Materials (Not Included. All materials will be purchased at The Knitting Loft during Session 1 of this class)
- Sweater pattern
- Pattern recommended knitting needles
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- Basic notions: stitch markers, tapestry needle, small scissors
- Flax Sweater (Shown in family photo): ~$70.00+ (up to size 4XL)
- Millie Sweater (Shown in blue/purple speckled sweater): $72.00+ (up to size L)
- No Frills Sweater (Shown in cream speckled and red sweaters): $132.70+ (up to size XL)